Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Da Papoose (DaLocalWife)

Like I've said before, my favourite thing to crochet is something that someone dear to me (or with lots of money :P) has seen/thought of/wants/needs.  A high school friend dinged me on Facebook a few weeks ago and asked if I could look at some pictures and come up with an idea that would suit her needs.  C wanted a papoose or a hat or a combination of the two that depicted a bear.  Made out of Teddy Bear-like yarn.  Seems her little (I use this term very loosely here because I have met him and he is NOT small) brother and his wife (with the coolest name ever), who live in Ireland, are expecting their first baby.  They affectionately call Junior "little bear".  Oh, and really?  It needed to be done within two weeks.  Creative juices flowed.

This is what I came up with:



(pardon Grover)







(notice the Canadian content)


When I sent C the pictures of the finished project, she seemed pleased.  But, as is usually the case, her daughter's eagle eye spotted a glaring omission.  I made the appropriate change:







I hope the little Irish/Canadian bear loves his/her little cocoon of fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment