Saturday, July 14, 2012

Forgotten (DaLocalWife)

  DalocalChef and I walk the pups on a regular basis, strolling through these here suburbs.  As is often the case with me, I slow down automatically when I see the outline of a furniture-like object skulking in the distance.  It's amazing what you can find at the end of a driveway. Unwanted, forgotten.  And I hear my husband sigh.  "I'll get the van, k?"


This is what we found yesterday morning







Rustic and primitive but solid wood goodness.  I cleaned it up this morning, before the summer heat made it uncomfortable to work outside. 
I think it will be my crochet table.  To store unfinished objects.  To store work projects in progress.  To hold my coffee cup.

I was going to move it in place and set it up but my crochet corner was taken.





I don't mind being on Fleazel time.


Here is an afterthought, although I hate to preach.  This society would benefit from a greater appreciation of the old.  Furniture.  Pets.  PEOPLE. 
Old doesn't mean useless. 

It presents an ability to learn. 

To appreciate. 

To be human(e).




No comments:

Post a Comment